Friday, October 18, 2013
Five Billion People Face Water Scarcity
Five Billion At Risk
By the end of this century with concurrent trending in population growth it is projected that up to five billion people could be exposed towater scarcity. These figures are according to a recent scientific research letter published in IPOScience (read more above). Here’s the real scary part – that assumes that temperature does not rise 1.5 to 2 degrees Celsius over pre-industrial levels. Guess what? We are trending to go higher because restrictive measures are not being implemented. The number should be bigger!
The report referenced provides ample numerical, mathematical and modeling analysis if you have a geeky urge. What cannot be emphasized enough is that we are not just talking about ducks and daisies here – we are talking about the essence of human life. Climate change is not a bad dream to be swept under the media carpet, and ignoring it may not affect our lives, but the misery we are leaving our children, grand children and so on, has never been imagined by any word constructions of any dictionary on the planet.
Now, I leave you with no further words - just that thought…
Dr Peter G Kinesa
Popular Museum Attraction - 2133 AD
- ► 2016 (142)
- ► 2015 (100)
- Human Destiny? - Infinity Express #Flight2100
- HE GETS IT! #BernieSanders US Senator - Declared N...
- #Fukushima Radiation - WHO's At Risk?
- #Fukushima - Out of Control?
- Five Billion People Face Water Scarcity
- Japan's PM Sends #Fukushima SOS
- #America Shrinking Brains?
- Food Shortages Now Rock #Venezuela
- #Fukushima - Nuclear Wasteland (In Pictures)
- #BBC - Oceans Doomed?
- The Economist - Climate Change "It's Still our Fau...
- Stephen Hawking Committee- Frightening Numbers!
- ▼ October (12)