Sunday, October 6, 2013
#Fukushima - Nuclear Wasteland (In Pictures)
The Guardian provides an excellent gallery of pictures providing a visual insight into the worst atomic disaster in 25 years. The human, environmental and economic costs have been staggering and what the future holds remains deeply concerning. Words can only do so much as the actual photographs touch profounder meanings and understandings of the tragedies created by a system that ignores planetary constraints with its foolish neo-classical economic beliefs pushing exponential growth leading to the self-evident ultimate minimization of human life.
As much as these pictures convey an education into the aftermath of this event, they are also disturbing in many ways. There is a shot of a fisherman selling his catch at what appears to be a local market. His produce is covered by plastic for protection??? The first amoung many serious questions that strike the mind is, "WHO IS EATING THIS FISH?
"... what the future holds remains deeply concerning..."
Dr Peter G Kinesa
October 5, 2013
- ► 2016 (142)
- ► 2015 (100)
- Human Destiny? - Infinity Express #Flight2100
- HE GETS IT! #BernieSanders US Senator - Declared N...
- #Fukushima Radiation - WHO's At Risk?
- #Fukushima - Out of Control?
- Five Billion People Face Water Scarcity
- Japan's PM Sends #Fukushima SOS
- #America Shrinking Brains?
- Food Shortages Now Rock #Venezuela
- #Fukushima - Nuclear Wasteland (In Pictures)
- #BBC - Oceans Doomed?
- The Economist - Climate Change "It's Still our Fau...
- Stephen Hawking Committee- Frightening Numbers!
- ▼ October (12)