Thursday, April 28, 2016
The Nuclear Taboo - Rethinking Armageddon
A Hothouse Summer is Coming and We’d Better Get Ready
We have never seen Winter heat like this before over Western North America. This creates a heightened risk of seriously severe Summer extreme weather events ranging well into the far north. Similar situation in Western Russia and North-Central Siberia.
Who Benefits in Yemen
Saudi Arabia decided to go to war in Yemen because it feared the Houthi takeover of the country would give Iran, its chief regional enemy, a foothold on its vulnerable southern underbelly. The Saudis also demonstrate they could project their military power in the region to aid in their quest for leadership of the Arab world.
US firms knew about global warming in 1968 – what about Australia?
By the late 1970s, The Canberra Times began running prominent stories about the possibility of sea-level rise and other climate impacts. A November 1977 article warned that relying only on coal-fired power would flood cities.
The endless bleating of well-paid pundits in the corporate media about "reform" is just more circus.
It's difficult for well-meaning pundits to abandon the fantasy that meaningful reform is possible. Indeed, a critical function of the punditry and corporate media is to foster the fantasy that the status quo could be reformed if only we all got together and blah blah blah.
As I explain in my new book Why Our Status Quo Failed and Is Beyond Reform, real structural reform would trigger the collapse of the status quo. (As a reminder, the status quo benefits the few at the expense of the many.)
But there's another dynamic that makes reform impossible. I've prepared a chart to explain this dynamic:
Posted by Unknown at 6:00:00 AM
- England's Remaining Golden Eagle Missing
- The Nuclear Taboo - Rethinking Armageddon
- Africa 2050 Human Existence Still Possible?
- Believe it or Not; #India Cooks at Unbelievable 45...
- Just Awful: "Beautiful Cambodian Tigers Functional...
- Warm #Oceans Creating MONSTER Cyclones
- Movements Against Arming #Saudis Growing Rapidly
- Good News: #Exxongate Climate Investigations Expan...
- #Chernobyl Risks and Dangers Not Over
- Water Shortages Are Top #Global Priority
- 80% of Coral Reefs Lost to Bleaching
- ALERT: Russian Jets Now Buzzing US Warships
- Filipino Drought Devastates Poor Farmers
- UNSAFE Lead Found in US Schools Drinking Water
- World Bank Finally Ready to Move on Climate
- Harvard Study: Now Methane Causes Worse Impact on ...
- Picture How #Ocean Pollution Affects Humans? (Info...
- India: More Coal with Greater Human Costs
- Climate Change Poses Staggering Health Threat to M...
- Coastal Cities Maybe Unsavable
- Is Global Warming Killing Earth's Oceans?
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)