Thursday, May 28, 2015
FIRE Causes Mass Alberta Oilsands Evacuation
Cenovus Energy and Canadian Natural Resources Limited have evacuated their facilities within the Cold Lake Air Weapons range, close to Alberta's eastern border, due to an out-of-control forest fire in the area.
"Yesterday, CNRL evacuated their plant facilities in the Primrose area and then, last night at 11 o'clock, we advised Cenovus in Foster Creek that it would be a good precautionary move to evacuate their personnel as well," said Leslie Lozinski, spokeswoman for the province's environmental and resource ministry.
Cenovus evacuated their facilities at Foster Creek because the fire threatened the only road out, which would have made any evacuation of the facility difficult. Read More
- ► 2016 (142)
- "Texas Floods Worse Than #Noah's Ark" - Says Gove...
- FIRE Causes Mass Alberta Oilsands Evacuation
- Poor People Are Really Getting... POOR!
- California - Why So Dry?
- Growing Irrigation Concern - Oily Water
- American Bee Colonies Suffer HUGE Losses
- #Reuters - Poor #Climate Hampers #Economic Develop...
- #NASA Scientists Say Antarctica Ice Shelf On Verge...
- #SDSU Scientists Track Global Warming In Ice Patte...
- China Surpass US Oil Imports - War Ahead?
- African Migrant Crisis Ties To Climate
- ▼ May (11)
- ► 2013 (124)