Over ONE Million International Readers have engaged our various digests and blogs providing insights on the "SEVEN BIG Es" - Earth, Economics, Environment, Energy, Exponentiation, Entropy, and Extinction, curated by our world renowned "Quantum Realonomist" - First Financial Insights Inc. - Dr. Peter G Kinesa
WORLD'S LEADING FINANCIAL FORECASTER
International LEADERS Calling Market Crashes Years Ahead
Second to None, Anywhere...
'Warned 2000 tech slide; predicted 2008 meltdown in 2007. Forecasted 2020 global economic collapse in 2011, AND NOW- BY 2050 - THE MOTHER OF ALL CRASHES"
Here is the true problem with all this so-called Renewable Energy Malarky. Simple Greek logic... ' All Humans are Mortal ...
Search This Blog
Friday, May 22, 2015
American Bee Colonies Suffer HUGE Losses
Colony Loss 2014 – 2015: Preliminary Results
The Bee Informed Partnership (http://beeinformed.org), in collaboration with the Apiary Inspectors of America (AIA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), is releasing preliminary results for the ninth annual national survey of honey bee colony losses. For the 2014/2015 winter season, a preliminary 6,128 beekeepers in the United States provided valid responses. Collectively, these beekeepers managed 398,247 colonies in October 2014, representing about 14.5% of the country’s estimated 2.74 million managed honey bee colonies1.
About two-thirds of the respondents (67.2%) experienced winter colony loss rates greater than the average self-reported acceptable winter mortality rate of 18.7%. Preliminary results estimate that a total of 23.1% of the colonies managed in the Unites States were lost over the 2014/2015 winter. This would represent a decrease in losses of 0.6% compared to the previous 2013/2014 winter, which had reported a total loss estimated at 23.7%. This is the second year in a row the reported colony loss rate was notably lower than the 9-year average total loss of 28.7% (see Figure 1). Read More.