Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Africa 2050 Human Existence Still Possible?
Global warming may be far worse than thought, cloud analysis suggests
Climate change projections have vastly underestimated the role that clouds play, meaning future warming could be far worse than is currently projected. A doubling of C02 could result in a global temperature increase of up to 5.3C – far warmer than the 4.6C older models predict.The analysis of satellite data found that clouds have more liquid rather than ice, than has been assumed. Clouds with ice crystals reflect more solar light than those with liquid, stopping it reaching and heating the Earth’s surface, which means that models showing future warming are misguided
Arctic ice loss
Since 2003, Greenland has lost more than 272 Tkg of ice a year, and that affects the way the Earth wobbles in a manner similar to a figure skater lifting one leg while spinning. On top of that, West Antarctica loses 124 Tkg and East Antarctica gains about 74 Tkg, helping tilt the wobble further. They all combine to pull polar motion toward the east
environment/2016/apr/09/ melting-ice-sheets-changing- the-way-the-earth-wobbles-on- its-axis-says-nasa
Here’s What Science Has To Say About Convincing People To Do Something About Climate Change
The best way to motivate people to support action to limit climate change is to explain the dangers of not taking action. While that may not seem surprising, it is only recently that the immorality of inaction have been a key focus of top US politicians.
Posted by Unknown at 7:30:00 AM
- England's Remaining Golden Eagle Missing
- The Nuclear Taboo - Rethinking Armageddon
- Africa 2050 Human Existence Still Possible?
- Believe it or Not; #India Cooks at Unbelievable 45...
- Just Awful: "Beautiful Cambodian Tigers Functional...
- Warm #Oceans Creating MONSTER Cyclones
- Movements Against Arming #Saudis Growing Rapidly
- Good News: #Exxongate Climate Investigations Expan...
- #Chernobyl Risks and Dangers Not Over
- Water Shortages Are Top #Global Priority
- 80% of Coral Reefs Lost to Bleaching
- ALERT: Russian Jets Now Buzzing US Warships
- Filipino Drought Devastates Poor Farmers
- UNSAFE Lead Found in US Schools Drinking Water
- World Bank Finally Ready to Move on Climate
- Harvard Study: Now Methane Causes Worse Impact on ...
- Picture How #Ocean Pollution Affects Humans? (Info...
- India: More Coal with Greater Human Costs
- Climate Change Poses Staggering Health Threat to M...
- Coastal Cities Maybe Unsavable
- Is Global Warming Killing Earth's Oceans?
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)