Saturday, March 5, 2016
North Korea Planning Strike; Arming Missiles with Nukes
Even the limited use of nuclear weapons places the world in greater peril than most appreciate or know at first glance. Why? Russia operates a mechanized nuclear defence program that is often termed and referred to as " the dead-hand system" because the missile-launch- order can be triggered when its sensors determine that the radioactivity in the atmosphere is beyond preset acceptable levels. Breaching of these tests causes the system to conclude and assume that a nuclear attack is being carried out against their nation and it will then automatically order the launch of Russian missiles aimed at predetermined targets.
There is no human involvement.
As North Korea expands its nuclear arsenal, will Seoul have to consider targeting missile sites at some point?
As North Korea continues to develop both nuclear weapons and the missile technology to carry them,pressure on South Korea to take preemptive military action will gradually rise. At some point, North Korea may have so many missiles and warheads that South Korea considers that capability to be an existential threat to its security. This is the greatest long-term risk to security and stability in Korea, arguably more destabilizing than a North Korean collapse. If North Korea does not arrest its nuclear and missile programs at a reasonably small, defensively-minded deterrent, then Southern elites will increasingly see those weapons as threats to Southern survival, not just tools of defense or gangsterish blackmail.
North Korean leader
Kim Jong Un has ordered nuclear weapons to be readied for use, the state-controlled Korean Central News Agency reported Thursday.
Australian democracy faces 'corrosive' decline
Our rights must be strengthened after attacks on whistleblowers and press freedom, curbing peaceful protest, sidelining courts, limiting advocacy by community organisations and the government’s use of “financial levers” on advocacy groups to stifle criticism - all point to a decline in basic rights.
australia-news/2016/feb/22/ australian-democracy-faces- corrosive-decline-human- rights-centre-report
Can Australian Catholicism Save Itself From Its Ultra-Conservative Forces?
In attaching itself to power, Catholicism has become a lapel badge of the elite. But to appeal to its real constituents it needs to get back in touch with its core teachings.
02/22/can-australian- catholicism-save-itself-from- its-ultra-conservatives/
Major trade deals are a serious threat to democracy and the environment
What the Commission calls barriers to trade are in fact the safeguards that keep toxic pesticides out of our food or dangerous pollutants out of the air we breathe.
NO Surprise - Internet Making People Dumber
Posted by Unknown at 12:40:00 PM
Labels: #Energy #Earth #Economics #Environment #Entropy #Exponentiation #Extinction, North Korea, nuclear, war
- Severe Global Overpopulation = Growing More with L...
- India's Farmers' Suicide Rate Increases as WATER C...
- "Frackquakes" Threaten Millions
- 64% of Americans Concerned About Climate - Hitting...
- Mercury Rapidly Spreads to Land Foods
- Austerity Caused Flint Water Crisis: Rich vs Poor?...
- Economic Globalization Accelerates Destruction of ...
- Good NEWS: U.S. BIG Solar Sets Stage for HUGE Boom...
- Global Warming: The Future is Happening NOW!
- Today's "Sled Dog TIMES" Headline - NO WINTERS IN...
- Good #CLIMATE News: Peabody Bankruptcy Signals End...
- Dr James Hansen: “We Have a Global Emergency”
- Arctic Wedges Melting, Portrays Warming Trends Sti...
- Global ALERT: February Hottest in 100 Years - Says...
- Emission Books Were Cooked - Now Where's Al Gore?
- Former JPN PM Admits - #Fukushima Massive Devastat...
- Optimism Over Climate Change Progress Premature?
- Millions at Risk Should Mosul Dam Fail
- Crisis: As Pollinators Buzz to #Extinction
- North Korea Planning Strike; Arming Missiles with ...
- Violent Mega-Quake Slams #Indonesia
- Methane Time Bomb Closer Than Feared?
- Greenpeace: #India Global Pollution's Bad Boy?
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)