Sunday, June 19, 2016
EYE on the World - A Tale of Two Paradises
It was fun playing Masters of the Universe when expectations were low.
correction in the housing market that the Bank of Canada governor says is just around the corner
For almost two decades, Torontonians lucky enough to get mortgage approval have been buying into an increasingly inflated housing market and thinking they're sitting on a gold mine.
Instead, some may find themselves atop a house of cards.
Last week, Bank of Canada Governor Stephen Poloz warned in his semi-annual Financial System Review about a potential drop in real estate prices in Toronto and Vancouver. He said Toronto's rising prices are "unlikely to be sustained."
Temperatures of up to 35C force exodus to river and lake beaches.
The abnormally hot weather has seen temperatures some 8C above average across a vast swathe of southern Siberia.
On 12 June - Russia Day - new records were set in Novosibirsk (30.4C) and Tomsk (31.5C), and in Tuva Republic (31.7C).
The Saudi Arabian-like heat wave, still ongoing, has stretched to the east of Krasnoyarsk region, with the highest temperature being 35C.
Over the next two days southern Siberia will remain abnormally hot, some 7C higher than average
"thousands of active international followers, readers and supporters"
Reaching hundreds of thousands globally, with partners and private communities in Zurich, New York, London, Moscow, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Toronto and Beverly Hills, California
"It is the little things we do everyday that makes the big difference.
Posted by Unknown at 7:35:00 AM
- Hot House Gases Rocket 3.7 Parts Per Million Over...
- EYE on the World - "Turn, Turn Turns ... Upside Do...
- Beautiful #Orcas Facing Starvation
- Previous Climate Events Provide Eye On Future
- Carbon Emissions Highest In 66 Million Years
- Heat Records Soar For 13th Straight Month
- New "Cold War" Underway
- EYE on the World - A Tale of Two Paradises
- Canadian Forests Provide Hope In Climate Chaos
- New Tropical Paradise #Siberia As Temperatures Soa...
- Unprecedented Super Hot Summers Lie Ahead
- Who Cares About FLINT? - Who???
- Sea Ice Decline Accelerating Rapidly
- EYE on the World - #Global Issues Deepen
- Southern Europe Faces #Zika Risk In Summer
- US Health Care Huge Source Of Greenhouse Gases
- Days Of "Normal Weather" Are Numbered
- More Dangerous Storms And High Seas Coming
- Coral Reefs On Life Support
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)