Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Jet Stream Dominoes of #Melting Ice
Iceberg, with Mount Dundas in the background, Qaasuitsup, west Greenland, Denmark.
Dominoes fall: Vanishing Arctic ice shifts jet stream, which melts Greenland glaciers
"By attempting the first solar flight around the world, pushing back the boundaries of the possible, going into the unknown, and taking on a project deemed impossible by industry experts, Bertrand Piccard and [alternating pilot] André Borschberg want to support concrete actions for sustainability and show that the world can be run on clean technologies."
thetwo-way/2016/04/24/ 475473222/experimental-solar- powered-plane-completes- journey-across-the-pacific
Rooftop solar on every Australian household “no issue at all” for grid
Australia could install solar PV on every residential rooftop in the country without causing any problems for the running of the national grid. Australia should introduce legislation like that recently adopted by San Francisco, where all new-build houses are now required to have a PV system installed.
China debt levels reach record high
More than 15% of total commercial lending in China was “potentially at risk,” meaning that banks faced a loss of 4.9 trillion renminbi, an amount equivalent to 7%t of GDP. Others estimate that the stock of non-performing loans may be even higher.
Posted by Unknown at 7:00:00 AM
- Unbelievable Wildfires Torment #Russia
- Earthlings: "Our Planet's Poles Are Shifting"
- EYE on the World - #Climate Driven Troubles
- NOT GOOD: Global Heat Wave Hits Fourth Record -Bre...
- Scientists Fear Unprecedented Mangrove Dieback
- Yemen: Another Country Facing Starvation
- "Where Have All the Bees Gone?"
- Ocean Acidification Creates Killer Seas of Extinct...
- Spring 2016 - What's Going-on in Egypt?
- Cheaper Solar Adds to Coal's End Game
- Historic Wildfires Siege 70,000 Fort McMurray Resi...
- Jet Stream Dominoes of #Melting Ice
- Leaked TTIP Documents Published by #Greenpeace
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)