Thursday, May 5, 2016
Cheaper Solar Adds to Coal's End Game
Special thanks to Al Gore for sharing this with us on our Google Plus stream.
Many Germans fear the deal will lower standards for products, consumer protection and the labor market.
RSPO Orders Palm Oil Company To Stop Work In Shipibo Territory In The Peruvian Amazon
The order was issued after the community filed a formal complaint for the destruction of over 5000 hectares of their ancestral forest lands. It cites the devastating impacts on the rivers and forest ecology on which their subsistence livelihood depends, the destruction of community dwellings and the restrictions on community members who wish to access the forest.
We Already Know 2016 Will Be the Warmest Year on Record—and It’s Only April
March was the 11th consecutive month of a new record warm global monthly temperature, the longest streak since 1880
Stanley Druckenmiller, head of Duquesne Capital, thinks that the macroeconomy is looking disastrous and there are two sources for the coming problems.
Druckenmiller thinks that leverage is far too high, saying that central banks and China have allowed for these excesses to continue and it's setting us up for danger.
The obsession with short-term gains is overwhelming the need for long-term reform at the Federal Reserve, he said.
"It's this kind of myopia that causes reckless behavior at the government and corporate level," said Druckenmiller.
He highlighted that net cash flow has gone negative while net debt is still climbing at an unprecedented rate. He also said that instead of investing in growth, companies are adding the debt for financial engineering like buybacks and M&A.
The corporate sector is stuck in a "vicious cycle" of chasing earnings and adding debt, he said.
Posted by Unknown at 2:21:00 AM
- Unbelievable Wildfires Torment #Russia
- Earthlings: "Our Planet's Poles Are Shifting"
- EYE on the World - #Climate Driven Troubles
- NOT GOOD: Global Heat Wave Hits Fourth Record -Bre...
- Scientists Fear Unprecedented Mangrove Dieback
- Yemen: Another Country Facing Starvation
- "Where Have All the Bees Gone?"
- Ocean Acidification Creates Killer Seas of Extinct...
- Spring 2016 - What's Going-on in Egypt?
- Cheaper Solar Adds to Coal's End Game
- Historic Wildfires Siege 70,000 Fort McMurray Resi...
- Jet Stream Dominoes of #Melting Ice
- Leaked TTIP Documents Published by #Greenpeace
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)