Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Economic Globalization Accelerates Destruction of Earth
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Solar Battery Storage Comparison Table
A handy set of tables for the enthusiast,
United Airlines is flying on biofuels.
com/news/energy-environment/ wp/2016/03/11/united-airlines- is-flying-on-biofuels-heres- why-thats-a-really-big-deal/
25 Companies Are More Powerful Than Many Countries
Going stateless to maximize profits, metanationals are vying with governments for global power. In 2001 they were an emerging phenomenon, a divergence from the tradition of corporations taking pride in their national roots. Today, severing state lifelines has become normal business.
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance
The health food chain Tossed has just opened the UK’s first cashless cafe. It’s another step towards the death of cash.
This is nothing new. Money is tech. The casting of coins made shells, whales’ teeth and other such primitive forms of money redundant. The printing press did the same for precious metals: we started using paper notes instead. Electronic banking put paid to the cheque. Contactless payment is now doing the same to cash, which is becoming less and less convenient. In the marketplace convenience usually wins.
That’s fine as long as people are making this choice freely. What concerns me is the unofficial war on cash that is going on, from the suspicion with which you are treated if you ever use large sums of cash to the campaign in Europe to decommission the €500 note. I’m not sure the consequences have been properly considered.
Posted by Unknown at 12:13:00 PM
- Severe Global Overpopulation = Growing More with L...
- India's Farmers' Suicide Rate Increases as WATER C...
- "Frackquakes" Threaten Millions
- 64% of Americans Concerned About Climate - Hitting...
- Mercury Rapidly Spreads to Land Foods
- Austerity Caused Flint Water Crisis: Rich vs Poor?...
- Economic Globalization Accelerates Destruction of ...
- Good NEWS: U.S. BIG Solar Sets Stage for HUGE Boom...
- Global Warming: The Future is Happening NOW!
- Today's "Sled Dog TIMES" Headline - NO WINTERS IN...
- Good #CLIMATE News: Peabody Bankruptcy Signals End...
- Dr James Hansen: “We Have a Global Emergency”
- Arctic Wedges Melting, Portrays Warming Trends Sti...
- Global ALERT: February Hottest in 100 Years - Says...
- Emission Books Were Cooked - Now Where's Al Gore?
- Former JPN PM Admits - #Fukushima Massive Devastat...
- Optimism Over Climate Change Progress Premature?
- Millions at Risk Should Mosul Dam Fail
- Crisis: As Pollinators Buzz to #Extinction
- North Korea Planning Strike; Arming Missiles with ...
- Violent Mega-Quake Slams #Indonesia
- Methane Time Bomb Closer Than Feared?
- Greenpeace: #India Global Pollution's Bad Boy?
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)