Thursday, May 21, 2015
#Reuters - Poor #Climate Hampers #Economic Development
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - The world's chances of achieving new international development goals will be slim without more ambitious action to curb climate change, researchers said.
Pakistan, for example, is unlikely to be able to end poverty by 2030 if accelerating climate change brings worse weather disasters, water scarcity and other problems, a new report from the UK-based Climate and Development Knowledge Network said.
But if global warming is held to 2 degrees Celsius – the aim of negotiations toward a new U.N. climate deal at the end of the year in Paris – Pakistan would have only a "low" risk of failing to eradicate poverty, the report said. Read More.
No Way Out
Dr. Kinesa's - Global Edge
Climate change leaves no chance for poor nations. Period
Posted by Unknown at 10:40:00 AM
Labels: #economics #earth #accounting #wealth #theory #adamsmith #oil #extraction #consumption #depletion, climate, global warming government
- ► 2016 (142)
- "Texas Floods Worse Than #Noah's Ark" - Says Gove...
- FIRE Causes Mass Alberta Oilsands Evacuation
- Poor People Are Really Getting... POOR!
- California - Why So Dry?
- Growing Irrigation Concern - Oily Water
- American Bee Colonies Suffer HUGE Losses
- #Reuters - Poor #Climate Hampers #Economic Develop...
- #NASA Scientists Say Antarctica Ice Shelf On Verge...
- #SDSU Scientists Track Global Warming In Ice Patte...
- China Surpass US Oil Imports - War Ahead?
- African Migrant Crisis Ties To Climate
- ▼ May (11)
- ► 2013 (124)