Wednesday, September 7, 2016
MIT Traces Ocean #Acidification To Human Activity
The Oxaca Commune And The Zapitastas: Hope From The Margins
In the south of Mexico people are regenerating the society from the bottom up. It is a new kind of revolution without leaders, which goes beyond development and globalization. It is about displacing the economy from the center of social life, reclaiming a communal way of being, encouraging radical pluralism, and advancing towards real democracy.
org/2016/08/28/the-oxaca- commune-and-the-zapitastas- hope-from-the-margins/
Science or Snake Oil: is A2 milk better for you than regular cow’s milk?
For those who do not experience any problems with milk consumption, there is no evidence to suggest any benefit in having A2 milk over the common consumed commercial milk, which contains both the A1 and A2 proteins. For less than half the price per litre, the latter would be the favoured option.
science-or-snake-oil-is-a2- milk-better-for-you-than- regular-cows-milk-62486
US Plans to ‘Corner’ Russia on Syria’s Chemical Weapons
The Obama administration is pushing UN reports showing Assad hasn’t given up, and is in some cases still using, poison gas. The strategy is to pressure the dictator’s patron, Vladimir Putin.
articles/2016/08/25/u-s-plans- to-corner-russia-on-syria-s- chemical-weapons.html
What does the beginning of an economic collapse look like?
Do you see grocery stores closing? Do you see other retailers, like clothing stores and department stores, going out of business?
Are there shuttered storefronts along your Main Street shopping district, where you bought a tool from the hardware store or dropped off your dry cleaning or bought fruits and vegetables?
Are you making as much money annually as you did 10 years ago?
Do you see homes in neighborhoods becoming run down as the residents either were foreclosed upon, or the owner lost his or her job so he or she can’t afford to cut the grass or paint the house?
Did that same house where the Joneses once lived now become a rental property, where new people come to live every few months?
Do you know one or two people who are looking for work? Maybe professionals, who you thought were safe in their jobs? Friday’s anemic jobs numbers tell that tale.
Did your high school buddy take a job at the local convenience store because he could not find work in sales?
Posted by Unknown at 7:05:00 AM
- US Military Views #Climate Change As Serious Secur...
- Supra #Trade Deals Undermine National And Individu...
- EYE on the #World - "Teacher Seeks Pupil" - Ishma...
- Will Rising #GDP Per Capita Increase Your #Happy P...
- Growing Concern 6th Mass #Extinction Well Underway...
- Earth's Future At Risk As Great Apes Face Extincti...
- WARNING: Renewable Energy Limited Solution To Futu...
- MIT Traces Ocean #Acidification To Human Activity
- Our Way Of Life Cannot Survive Overpopulation
- EYE on the World - "Intergalactic Fire Sale"
- Coastal Flooding From Climate Is Here Today
- Elephants Are Disappearing At Accelerated Rate
- Lives At Risk: No Urban Disaster Plans For Climate...
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)