Sunday, June 12, 2016
EYE on the World - #Global Issues Deepen
Southern Europe Faces
population could spread the Zika virus in Europe this summer if infected travelers introduce the virus. An analysis of temperatures, vectorial capacity, basic reproductive number (R0), and air traveler flows suggests parts of Southern Europe may be at risk for Zika outbreaks between June and August. This according to a study, led by Umeå University researchers in Sweden and published in the journal EBioMedicine.
New Haven, Conn.-- If the U.S. healthcare system were a country, it would rank 13th in the world for greenhouse gas emissions, according to new research. The study, published June 9 in PLOS ONE, quantified previously unreported environmental and public health impacts of the nation's healthcare sector.
This decline is inevitable in fast-expanding economies that depended on export growth and investment booms.
"thousands of active international followers, readers and supporters"
Reaching hundreds of thousands globally, with partners and private communities in Zurich, New York, London, Moscow, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Toronto and Beverly Hills, California
"It is the little things we do everyday that makes the big difference.
Posted by Unknown at 6:00:00 AM
- Hot House Gases Rocket 3.7 Parts Per Million Over...
- EYE on the World - "Turn, Turn Turns ... Upside Do...
- Beautiful #Orcas Facing Starvation
- Previous Climate Events Provide Eye On Future
- Carbon Emissions Highest In 66 Million Years
- Heat Records Soar For 13th Straight Month
- New "Cold War" Underway
- EYE on the World - A Tale of Two Paradises
- Canadian Forests Provide Hope In Climate Chaos
- New Tropical Paradise #Siberia As Temperatures Soa...
- Unprecedented Super Hot Summers Lie Ahead
- Who Cares About FLINT? - Who???
- Sea Ice Decline Accelerating Rapidly
- EYE on the World - #Global Issues Deepen
- Southern Europe Faces #Zika Risk In Summer
- US Health Care Huge Source Of Greenhouse Gases
- Days Of "Normal Weather" Are Numbered
- More Dangerous Storms And High Seas Coming
- Coral Reefs On Life Support
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2013 (124)