Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Poor People Are Really Getting... POOR!
Paris (AFP) - The gap between the rich and poor in most of the world's advanced economies is at record levels, according to an OECD study that also found glaring differences between men and women.
In most of the 34 countries in the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development the income gap is at its highest level in three decades, with the richest 10 percent of the population earning 9.6 times the income of the poorest 10 percent.
In the 1980s this ratio stood at 7 to 1, the OECD said in a report.
The wealth gap is even larger, with the top 1 percent owning 18 percent and the 40 percent only 3 percent of household wealth in 2012. Read More.
College 1970s Grads
- ► 2016 (142)
- "Texas Floods Worse Than #Noah's Ark" - Says Gove...
- FIRE Causes Mass Alberta Oilsands Evacuation
- Poor People Are Really Getting... POOR!
- California - Why So Dry?
- Growing Irrigation Concern - Oily Water
- American Bee Colonies Suffer HUGE Losses
- #Reuters - Poor #Climate Hampers #Economic Develop...
- #NASA Scientists Say Antarctica Ice Shelf On Verge...
- #SDSU Scientists Track Global Warming In Ice Patte...
- China Surpass US Oil Imports - War Ahead?
- African Migrant Crisis Ties To Climate
- ▼ May (11)
- ► 2013 (124)